Help us create our family fun story trails! We will be hosting childrens story trails across all our libraries later this year. The trails will be a fun and interactive way for children to learn all about healthy lifestyle choices.
Luton Central Library will be creating a story trail based on "Don't Forget the Bacon" by Pat Hutchins.
We need Library Makers to help us create these trails. Each trail will need items for the children and their families to find. We would like these items to be made by you! Your creation can be made out of any type of medium - wool, felt, paper mache, wood, and so on - your imagination is the only limit!
- 5x5cm³ /2x2inch³ (minimum)
- 15x15cm³ /6x6inch³ (maximum)
- Any materials/medium - knitting, crochet, paper mache, felt, wood, plastic, recycled materials, mixed etc
- Objects to choose and create
- 6 fat legs
- 6 clothes pegs
Deadline to Submit: 27th April 2018
Location: Homebased. This challenge is to be completed from home. There is no supervision, but if you would like guidance you will be able to contact a member of the library team.
Duration: This is entirely up to you. We recommend that you take breaks, and that you take a reasonable amount of time in researching and creating your chosen object, ensuring your wellbeing at all times.
Resources/Materials: Please note you will be asked to provide your own materials.
Why get involved?
Are you enthusiastic, energetic and passionate about your local library? Would you like to use your creativity to help children engage in learning, and contribute to your local community? Then this challenge is for you!
- Share your creative talents
- Support your local library
- Gain an understanding of how a library event/activity is run
This Challenge is Ideal for People Who...
- are aged 17 years or older
- are creative and able to create 3D objects
- like helping and advising children
- can work to a deadline
- are interested in community work
How to get involved?
Step 1: Sign up as a Library Maker
Step 2: Click "Accept Challenge" below
Step 3: A member of the Library Maker Team will then be in touch to get you started!
Please Note: We will ask you to complete a short volunteer application form.
- Design & Illustration
- Health & Wellbeing
- Literacy & Learning