Become the lead member of the Leagrave Library book group, responsible for the regular running of the group.
Dates & Times: The book group will meet monthly, for upto a couple of hours. Exact dates and times will be planned and agreed once started.
Location: Leagrave Library, Marsh Road, Luton, LU3 2NL
- Coordinate with the library team to ensure the book group is held regularly
- Ensure that the selected books are available
- Ensure that the book group has a space to use in the library
- Greet the group members
- Facilitate discussion
- Record attendance numbers and report this to the library team
- Ensure the activity area is tidy and free of obstructions
- Activity clean up
- Contact book group members when necessary
- Give any other appropriate assistance as maybe reasonably required
Supervision: You will be leading the group activity by yourself, however you will have support from onsite library staff thorugh out if needed. You will also have support and guidance from a library supervisor and/or learning co-ordinator.
Why get involved?
Are you enthusiastic, energetic and passionate about your local library? Love reading and want to share that interest with others? Would you like to gain new skills, meet new people and contribute to your local community? Then this challenge is for you!
- Become part of a friendly and dedicated charity
- Improve your communication and team working skills
- Enjoy new experiences and learning something new
- Be part of reducing social isolation
- Help us improve the community's health & wellbeing
- Support your local library
- Gain an understanding and experience of how a library activity is run
This Challenge is Ideal for People Who...
- are aged 18 years or older
- love reading
- enjoy analysing books and sharing their ideas/thoughts with others
- who have an enthusiastic and friendly manner
- enjoy meeting and talking to new people from all walks of life
- are confident in themselves
- like helping people access activities that provide social inclusion and improves their general wellbeing
- are good listeners
- are comfortable with initiating and guiding group discussions
- are multi-lingual (not essential)
How to get involved?
Step 1: Sign up as a Library Maker
Step 2: Click "Accept Challenge" below
Step 3: A member of the Library Maker Team will then be in touch to get you started!
Please Note: We will ask you to complete a volunteer application form.
- Team Work
- Verbal Communication
- Written Communication
- Working independently
- Event Management
- Customer Service
- Meet New People
- Non Fiction
- Health & Wellbeing
- Literacy & Learning
- Working with Adults
- Visitor Services
- Event & Activities