Opinions are welcome
Strong opinions are welcome but please be polite and considerate of other users. You must not make or encourage comments which are:
- Defamatory, false or misleading;
- Insulting, threatening or abusive;
- Obscene or of a sexual nature;
- Offensive, racist, sexist, homophobic or discriminatory against any religions or other groups.
Once you have posted a comment please be aware that everyone on the internet will be able to access it. People of all backgrounds and age groups will be able to access all content. Don't forget that you are legally responsible for what you submit.
Swear words, crude or sexual language is not acceptable. Please do not insult other user contributions.
Confidentiality and Privacy
Please respect people's privacy. You are not allowed to submit confidential or private information. For example, telephone numbers, email addresses or any other contact details of any person.
Luton Culture recognises the value that volunteers contribute to the delivery of all the many and diverse services within the organisation. Volunteers support our work in numerous practical ways, are a close and valuable link with our communities and are wonderful advocates for our organisation. Their contribution is greatly appreciated and welcomed.
- Volunteers undertake to perform all reasonable duties assigned to them and to comply with all reasonable directions given by the Luton Culture.
- In all circumstances the volunteer must be guided by common sense. In any case where action is taken, outside the Luton Culture directions, the volunteer must report as soon as possible to their manager.
- In the event of absence, the volunteer must inform the manager, giving as much notice as possible.
Except when expressly authorised in writing, the volunteer is not the agent or representative of the Luton Culture, or has any authority to assume an obligation of any kind expressed or implied. This agreement does not create a contract of employment between the volunteer and the Luton Culture.
Volunteers do not receive a salary, gratuity or payment in kind. Expenses may be reimbursed if they are expressly authorised by Luton Culture. All claims for expenses must be accompanied by receipt, vouchers or evidence of actual payment and must be submitted within one month after they are incurred.
If the volunteer is required to drive any motor vehicle in connection with the Luton Culture activities, they can only do so following examination of their driving licence and motor insurance documents. Photocopies of these documents are to be held on their personal file, and replaced annually.
Luton Culture maintains insurance against risk including loss and damage to, or destruction of its property, and the injury or death of its members of the public affected by its activities. This includes those activities of the volunteer undertaking authorised tasks. The insurance does not extend to unauthorised tasks or authorised tasks carried out by persons not authorised by Luton Culture. It is therefore essential that volunteers ensure that they comply with the conditions of Luton Cultures’ insurance and do not act in any way that might result in the insurance being invalid.
Health and Safety
Luton Culture is under a duty to ensure as far as reasonably practicable, the health, safety and welfare at work of all volunteers. Volunteers must take reasonable care for the health and safety of themselves and other people who may be affected by their actions.
The Chief Executive has overall responsibility for health and safety in Luton Culture. The manager of the establishment to which the volunteer is assigned has day to day responsibility for health and safety in Luton Culture
It is the duty of volunteers to co-operate with the health and safety policy. This includes:
- Performing duties safely and efficiently
- Ensuring that no action is taken or negated that might injure any other person or expose them to risk
- Making proper and full use of all safety and protective equipment and clothing and adhering to operating and using instructions for any machinery or substance
- Reporting to employed staff any danger or potential danger or unsafe conditions
- All information relating to Luton Culture (including its organisation, finances, membership and activities) is confidential. Volunteers must not use or disclose information except as authorised or required by their duties and shall actively discourage the use or disclosure of it by another person.
- All claims to copyright on written material, artwork, photographs, databases or other copyright material produced as part of the volunteer’s duties for Luton Culture must be relinquished, unless agreed in advance by the service. All records about Luton Culture and its activities and all copies or extracts, made or acquired by the volunteer in the course of their work shall be:
- Luton Culture property
- Used for the Luton Culture purposes only
- Returned to the Luton Culture at any time on demand
- Returned to the Luton Culture without demand if the volunteer ceases for more than one month to be actively involved with the Luton Culture work
No volunteer may at any time make any statement about Luton Culture to the press or other form of public media except in line with relevant Luton Culture policies and procedures.
Luton Culture reserves the right to refuse the offer of services of any volunteer and to terminate any activity being done by a volunteer. Luton Culture may exercise these rights at any time, with or without prior notice and without giving any reason. The volunteer must give as much notice of termination of services as possible.